Outdoor Learning Program
All Saints’ College Outdoor Learning Program (OLP), formerly Camp Week, has undergone a review in recent times. Led by one of Australia’s premier Outdoor Education Teachers, Mr Jason Zaurs, the experiences offered have clear curriculum objectives, opportunities for alternative learning styles and relational elements embedded within its framework. In a time of increased social and environmental awareness, the Outdoor Learning Program’s is committed to adventure and nature play as an educational priority.
The aims of the Outdoor Learning Program are encapsulated in the following six points.
Through personal challenge each student has the opportunity to develop:
- Intrapersonal skills such as self-awareness, self-respect, self-confidence, self-reliance, self-motivation, self-esteem, initiative and a sense of responsibility;
- Interpersonal skills such as tolerance, respect for individual differences, a value for difference, conflict resolution skills, communication and leadership qualities;
- Individual and cooperative learning skills which enhance personal growth and the acquisition of task related abilities;
- A sound ecological philosophy with an increased awareness of and respect for the environment through a minimum impact approach;
- Intrinsic, aesthetic and spiritual values through immersion in the environment, adding to their sense of self and place in the world;
- Academic knowledge and understanding, using alternative educational methodologies which increase the pedagogical intensity through outdoor learning.
The new Outdoor Learning Program begins in Year 4, using the following themes:
- Year 4 – New Beginnings
- Year 5 – Exploration through the outdoors
- Year 6 – Gaining experience in the outdoors
- Year 7 – Forming relationships in, with, and through, the outdoors
- Year 8 – Preparing for adventurous journeys
- Year 9 – Expeditioning experientially
- Year 10 – Advanced Service-Learning journeys
- Year 11 – Learning to Lead Day
- Year 12 – Journey to self-discovery
For further detailed information please contact College Registrar on 9313 9333 or firstname.lastname@example.org